Nope. This is not what you think it is. I'm no advocate for religion. Before we break that down, I'd like to talk about hope. Hope, to most of us is just another four letter word. As kids, hope is the feeling you have when India needs a boundary of the last ball and MS Dhoni is on strike. As you grow older, hope morphs itself. Your understanding of hope is as fuzzy as the vision of a drunk doper. Yep. Double power. When you're in college, hope is that little thing inside you that consoles you when you're having a breakdown. It's that little thing inside you that convinces you to wait for an opportunity. It gives you that reserve confidence to fight back and claim your spot. A lot of what I'm writing is either directly or indirectly chained to the doomed gates of engineering. What if I never wanted this? What if I was blindsided into making this decision? What if I want to write? Am I still not a kid? Hope is that little thing that flashes in front of your eyes that draws a little smile that allows you to fight through the pain. Hope is a good thing. Or maybe not. All I'm doing is hanging by a thread. Maybe that's why I'm wearing a sacred thread. Oh, did I just go on ranting about hope? Must make more clever title choices. Duly noted!
This post is going to be a slight detour from the other ones. The path I've laid down for my blog is a rather philosophical one and I thought it would be a shame if I didn't write about one of nature's best thinkers, Richard P Feynman. This comes after reading Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!. Simply put, the book was an inspiring one. It made we wonder how the human race has moved forward. How the times of war were indeed a boon when it came to scientific advancements. Feynman was in most ways a curious soul who wouldn't stop unless he had simplified concepts enough. That level of fundamental understanding is something our generation lacks. There's a great deal that people can learn from him. It isn't limited to the people interested in science. You could be an artist and still learn a great deal from him. He used to think. He was a thinker, a rather prolific one. Something everyone in every field needs to be today. The closer you look, the more y...
Comments
Post a Comment