Skip to main content

Restarting with a little poem!

 I did type out the ending of this blog. Something inside me thought I should reopen this. So here I am, starting with a new attempt - poems. This one's about impermanence. 


Every morning, every night,
Life keeps testing your might,
You want to take the easy way out,
But this little voice and its humble shout,
Keeps the hope in you alive,
Into the pool of life you dive,
Unknowing of the depth in the pull,
You're only trying to live to the full,
In that moment, the freedom that brings,
With the memory of the impermanence of things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feynman

This post is going to be a slight detour from the other ones. The path I've laid down for my blog is a rather philosophical one and I thought it would be a shame if I didn't write about one of nature's best thinkers, Richard P Feynman. This comes after reading Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!. Simply put, the book was an inspiring one. It made we wonder how the human race has moved forward. How the times of war were indeed a boon when it came to scientific advancements. Feynman was in most ways a curious soul who wouldn't stop unless he had simplified concepts enough. That level of fundamental understanding is something our generation lacks. There's a great deal that people can learn from him. It isn't limited to the people interested in science. You could be an artist and still learn a great deal from him. He used to think. He was a thinker, a rather prolific one. Something everyone in every field needs to be today. The closer you look, the more y...

Mad World?

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.  Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow, no tomorrow, no tomorrow.   L ines from one of my favorite songs, Mad World. I don't know if my interpretation is right, but to me this song is about a monotonous life. One bad day and everything hits you hard, you realize that the life you've lived has nothing to do with the dreams you had as a kid. You've painted your life grey, not 50 shades, just one. That's how monotonous you've become. This isn't about you, it's about me. Selfish? Maybe. My life has been on autopilot, wake up, curse studies, binge, eat, sleep. What happened to all that enthusiasm in learning something new? What happened to that awe when I learnt something new in science? I've been fooled into believing that this is the life I want. I blame no one but me. My foolishness. My naivety. You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost. Another line from one of my favorites, Bad Day. Is...

fsociety

According to Mr. Robot, fsociety is a hacker group led by Elliot. I'd like to take it for the literal meaning, fuck society. Are my dreams that powerless against the societal pressure? Do they not qualify as ambitions? I'm just another engineering student. Having fought a million sperms to come here, I have lost myself among millions others. Why wasn't I the sperm that lost the race? Why'd I have to win, only to be taught to live a life as per societal norms? It pains me. The things I loved to do depress me now. fsociety.  Hypocrites, everywhere. I'd save that for another day. Is it too unholy to pursue my passion? Is it a crime to not want to be an engineer? To me, it is just a portal to truly finding myself. Clearly, I'm not suffering. There are people going through far worse. I have not the right to complain. Do I at least have the right to tread the path I want to? Am I truly that powerless? fsociety. Finding solace in my past fills my heart with a sense o...