Skip to main content

First things first

What is the purpose of this blog? Purpose is a very funny word. Depressing, uplifting, call it what you may but I find it funny. Why is it that everything we do needs a purpose? I like to write. There is no purpose, I do it because it calms me, clears my mind and gives me a sense of order. Is it a crime? The only price I'm paying is time. Like many others, after a month of introspection, I had my "eureka" moment. I haven't cracked the code. In fact, I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. What I do know is that I'm in pursuit of understanding life. This blog is a collection of my thoughts. Mind you, this blog wasn't created with an intent of order. I might go weeks without writing or I might spend weeks, writing daily. This is just a by-product of my thoughts. Cognitive reverie. We are all in pursuit of something. For some it's money, for others fitness and so on. The saddest are those that are in pursuit of happiness. Happiness, as I believe, should be the ingredient and not the product. Back to the word "purpose",  there is no purpose for this blog. These are just a collection of my thoughts, my views on life as I embark on this beautiful journey to understand it. Life, I believe is an infinite puzzle. I might fail in my pursuit of solving this puzzle. That doesn't depress me. Of course, "solved the puzzle of life" is a good engraving on my tombstone but I embrace the uncertainty of life. I'm in pursuit of these jigsaw pieces. They could be emotions, travel, food, relationships, music, anything. I'm going to solve this puzzle starting from the center, building my way radially, exploring the realms of infinity, where I believe lies the question of my pursuit. I don't know what interests me in this pursuit, all I know is that this is what I'm spending the rest of my life doing. I don't know if I'll do this as a scientist, an engineer, an entrepreneur or just someone sitting by the sea. Tomorrow's uncertainty does scare me. It's a chaos but the belief that the dots will somehow connect in the future lets me find order amidst the chaos. Now that I've answered the question to the purpose of this blog, I'll take leave. Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feynman

This post is going to be a slight detour from the other ones. The path I've laid down for my blog is a rather philosophical one and I thought it would be a shame if I didn't write about one of nature's best thinkers, Richard P Feynman. This comes after reading Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!. Simply put, the book was an inspiring one. It made we wonder how the human race has moved forward. How the times of war were indeed a boon when it came to scientific advancements. Feynman was in most ways a curious soul who wouldn't stop unless he had simplified concepts enough. That level of fundamental understanding is something our generation lacks. There's a great deal that people can learn from him. It isn't limited to the people interested in science. You could be an artist and still learn a great deal from him. He used to think. He was a thinker, a rather prolific one. Something everyone in every field needs to be today. The closer you look, the more y...

Mad World?

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.  Hide my head, I wanna drown my sorrow, no tomorrow, no tomorrow.   L ines from one of my favorite songs, Mad World. I don't know if my interpretation is right, but to me this song is about a monotonous life. One bad day and everything hits you hard, you realize that the life you've lived has nothing to do with the dreams you had as a kid. You've painted your life grey, not 50 shades, just one. That's how monotonous you've become. This isn't about you, it's about me. Selfish? Maybe. My life has been on autopilot, wake up, curse studies, binge, eat, sleep. What happened to all that enthusiasm in learning something new? What happened to that awe when I learnt something new in science? I've been fooled into believing that this is the life I want. I blame no one but me. My foolishness. My naivety. You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost. Another line from one of my favorites, Bad Day. Is...

fsociety

According to Mr. Robot, fsociety is a hacker group led by Elliot. I'd like to take it for the literal meaning, fuck society. Are my dreams that powerless against the societal pressure? Do they not qualify as ambitions? I'm just another engineering student. Having fought a million sperms to come here, I have lost myself among millions others. Why wasn't I the sperm that lost the race? Why'd I have to win, only to be taught to live a life as per societal norms? It pains me. The things I loved to do depress me now. fsociety.  Hypocrites, everywhere. I'd save that for another day. Is it too unholy to pursue my passion? Is it a crime to not want to be an engineer? To me, it is just a portal to truly finding myself. Clearly, I'm not suffering. There are people going through far worse. I have not the right to complain. Do I at least have the right to tread the path I want to? Am I truly that powerless? fsociety. Finding solace in my past fills my heart with a sense o...