Skip to main content

Barbaric Times

Related image

Sometimes, I come across pictures that have the depth of a trench. This picture taps that part of me which displays some sense of humanity. Coexistence is a way of nature. There's no messing around about it. Somehow, in the growth of human history, coexistence became a matter of quenching man's ego. We're cruel. Better yet, barbaric. It's hurtful and annoying to think about what we, as a species have done to mother Earth, nature, and also fellow humans. Fast-forward to today. A news pops up on my phone. Expecting it to be the results of the IPL match, I open it, only to find myself absolutely disgusted about what we have become. An 8 year old is raped. Over 20,000 woman are raped a year. That's north of 50 women every day. EVERY DAY! It pains me to talk about something as sensitive as this but the path down which we're headed leads to the end of humanity. Or is humanity already dead?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fsociety

According to Mr. Robot, fsociety is a hacker group led by Elliot. I'd like to take it for the literal meaning, fuck society. Are my dreams that powerless against the societal pressure? Do they not qualify as ambitions? I'm just another engineering student. Having fought a million sperms to come here, I have lost myself among millions others. Why wasn't I the sperm that lost the race? Why'd I have to win, only to be taught to live a life as per societal norms? It pains me. The things I loved to do depress me now. fsociety.  Hypocrites, everywhere. I'd save that for another day. Is it too unholy to pursue my passion? Is it a crime to not want to be an engineer? To me, it is just a portal to truly finding myself. Clearly, I'm not suffering. There are people going through far worse. I have not the right to complain. Do I at least have the right to tread the path I want to? Am I truly that powerless? fsociety. Finding solace in my past fills my heart with a sense o...

Feynman

This post is going to be a slight detour from the other ones. The path I've laid down for my blog is a rather philosophical one and I thought it would be a shame if I didn't write about one of nature's best thinkers, Richard P Feynman. This comes after reading Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman!. Simply put, the book was an inspiring one. It made we wonder how the human race has moved forward. How the times of war were indeed a boon when it came to scientific advancements. Feynman was in most ways a curious soul who wouldn't stop unless he had simplified concepts enough. That level of fundamental understanding is something our generation lacks. There's a great deal that people can learn from him. It isn't limited to the people interested in science. You could be an artist and still learn a great deal from him. He used to think. He was a thinker, a rather prolific one. Something everyone in every field needs to be today. The closer you look, the more y...

Acceptance

I started this blog as a means of discovering more about myself, and I haven't been truer. What started of as random ramblings during sleepless nights has now grown to be my voice. I believe everyone has their own voice, and they all express it in different forms. My sister draws, I write and I know a few of my friends who create music. The deeper you look at all the works, the more you'll understand about their voice, their stronghold view on this Earth.  So many days have gone by when I've sat down only to realize the pace at which the current generation is moving forward. Credit it to the ease at which information is available but the reality is darker than it seems. That's when I came across this quote Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle.  This might have been the picture perfect excuse for procrastination, and mind you it has, but a lot has changed ever since. Self acceptance is something I find lacking in most people. It isn...